首页  >  英语启蒙  >  名著连载  >  正文

世界经典儿童名著 英文名著​《小王子》第五章

313 2018-11-09 爱秀英语口语

结实小王子

He looked at it carefully, then he said:“No. This sheep is already very sickly. Make me another.”

 他专心地看着,随后又说:“我不要,这只羊已经病得很重了。给我重新画一只。”


 So I made another drawing.

 我又画了起来。


 My friend smiled gently and indulgently.

 我的这位朋友天真可爱地笑了,并且客气地拒绝道:


 “You see yourself,” he said, “that this is not a sheep. This is a ram. It has horns.”

 你看,你画的不是小羊,是头公羊,还有犄角呢。


 So then I did my drawing over once more.

 于是我又重新画了一张。


 But it was rejected too, just like the others.

 这副画同前几副一样又被拒绝了。


 This one is too old. I want a sheep that will live a long time.

 这一只太老了。我想要一只能活得长的羊。


 By this time my patience was exhausted, because I was in a hurry to start taking my engine apart.

 我不耐烦了。因为我急于要检修发动机,


 So I tossed off this drawing. And I threw out an explanation with it.

 于是就草草画了这张画,并且匆匆地对他说道:


 This is only his box. The sheep you asked for is inside.

 这是一只箱子,你要的羊就在里面。


 I was very surprised to see a light break over the face of my young judge:

 这时我十分惊奇地看到我的这位小评判员喜笑颜开。他说:


 That is exactly the way I wanted it! Do you think that this sheep will have to have a great deal of grass?

 这正是我想要的,你说这只羊需要很多草吗?


 Why?

 为什么问这个呢?


 Because where I live everything is very small.

 因为我那里地方非常小.


 “There will surely be enough grass for him,” I said. “It is a very small sheep that I have given you.”

 我给你画的是一只很小的小羊,地方小也够喂养它的。


 He bent his head over the drawing:“Not so small that– Look! He has gone to sleep.

 他把脑袋靠近这张画。“并不象你说的那么小瞧!它睡着了”


 And that is how I made the acquaintance of the little prince.

 就这样,我认识了小王子。


关键词:

相关推荐
世界经典儿童名著 英文名著《小王子》第一章

2018-11-09