首页  >  英语启蒙  >  名著连载  >  正文

世界经典儿童名著 英文名著《小王子》第三章

220 2018-11-09 爱秀英语口语

无烟的沙漠

So I lived my life alone, without anyone that I could really talk to, until I hadan accident with my plane in the Desert of Sahara, six years ago.

 我就这样孤独地生活着,没有一个能真正谈得来的人,一直到六年前在撒哈拉沙漠上发生了那次故障。


 Something was broken in my engine.

 我的发动机里有个东西损坏了。


 And as I had with me neither a mechanic nor any passengers, I set myself to attempt the difficult repairs all alone.

 当时由于我既没有带机械师也没有带旅客,我就试图独自完成这个困难的维修工作。


 It was a question of life or death for me: I had scarcely enough drinking water to last a week.

 这对我来说是个生与死的问题。我随身带的水只够饮用一星期。


 The first night, then, I went to sleep on the sand, a thousand miles from any human habitation.

 第一天晚上我就睡在这远离人间烟火的大沙漠上。


 I was more isolated than a shipwrecked sailor on a raft in the middle of the ocean.

 我比大海中伏在小木排上的遇难者还要孤独得多。


 Thus you can imagine my amazement, at sunrise,when I was awakened by an odd little voice.

 而在第二天拂晓,当一个奇怪的小声音叫醒我的时候,你们可以想见我当时是多么吃惊。


 It said:"If you please– draw me a sheep!”

 这小小的声音说道:“请你给我画一只羊,好吗?”


 What!

 啊!


 Draw me a sheep!

 给我画一只羊…


 I jumped to my feet, completely thunderstruck. I blinked my eyes hard.

 我象是受到惊雷轰击一般,一下子就站立起来。


 I looked carefully all around me.

 我使劲地揉了揉眼睛,仔细地看了看。


 And I saw a most extraordinary small person,who stood there examining me with great seriousness.

 我看见一个十分奇怪的小家伙严肃地朝我凝眸望着。


 Here you may see the best portrait that, later, I was able to make of him.

 这是后来我给他画出来的最好的一副画像。


 But my drawing is certainly very much less charming than its model.

 可是,我的画当然要比他本人的模样逊色得多。


 That, however, is not my fault.

 这不是我的过错。


 The grown-ups discouraged me in my painter’s career when I was six years old, and I never learned to draw anything,

 六岁时,大人们使我对我的画家生涯失去了勇气,


 except boas from the outside and boas from the inside.

 除了画过开着肚皮和闭着肚皮的蟒蛇,后来再没有学过画。


 Now I stared at this sudden apparition with my eyes fairly starting out of my head in astonishment.

 我惊奇地睁大着眼睛看着这突然出现的小家伙。


关键词:

相关推荐
世界经典儿童名著 英文名著《小王子》第一章

2018-11-09